In Magical Crops, you can produce many ores by farming them instead of mining them. To craft the Magic Seeds you will need some of the mineral in the crafting recipe and some Magic Essence, ex: to craft Coal Seeds you will need four coal.
Getting Started (Farming Minerals)
1. First, you will need to mine some Essence Ore, this ore will drop 1-5 weak Magic Essence when mined (you must use an iron or diamond pickaxe to sucessfully mine it). This weak Magic Essence is used in many Magical Crops recipes to produce Magic Seeds. There are four tiers of Magic Essence: Weak Magic Essence, Regular Magic Essence, Strong Magic Essence, and Extreme Magic Essence. These tiers are listed from least to most expensive to make, ex: the Regular Magic Essence requires 9 weak Magic Essence.
2. Then after you have some weak Magic Essence, you need to mine whatever material you want to be able to farm later. Ex: to produce coal seeds, mine some coal and use that in the crafting recipe. The better the material is, the more expensive it will be to craft seeds for that material. Lowest tier seeds are Coal Seeds, and the highest tier seeds are: Diamond Seeds and Emerald Seeds.
3. After you have some of the material you want to be able to farm and some essence ore, you can start by crafting Coal Seeds, they are the easiest crop to make, and once you have enough Coal Seeds planted (these seeds grow like normal Vanilla Seeds Read Growth and Growing Conditions here for more info), you won't have to mine as much Essence Ore; because harvesting fully grown Coal Seeds will give you: 1 Coal Essence, 0-3 Coal Seeds, 0-3 Weak Magic Essence, and 0-1 Nature Essence.
4. Eventually after farming the coal seeds for a while, you can craft higher tier seeds with all of the Magic Essence you have gotten. The next tier of seeds requires 4 Regular Magic Essence and one of the material you are trying to create in the middle of the crafting grid. Ex: Redstone Seeds require: one redstone in the middle, and 4 Regular Magic Essence.
Getting Started (Farming Crop Seeds)
2. When a seed is fully grown, harvest it and you will get the following materials: one crop, 0-3 seeds of that crop, and may give one Magic Essence.
Regular Magic Essence