RedPower 2 is a massive mod created by Eloraam. At its core, it greatly expands and improves the functionality of redstone in Minecraft by adding common circuits abstracted
to single blocks and more modular redstone cabling. These additions, in general, allow for more complex and compact circuit designs that would have been almost impossible in vanilla Minecraft. It also adds multiple machines with functions as diverse as sorting items, breaking blocks, and detecting state changes. RedPower has its own power system called blutricity made specifically for powering these machines. It adds multiple new ores, new natural structures, new tools, and many new blocks. All considered, RedPower 2 is easily one of the biggest and most multi-purpose mods included in Big Dig. It is important to note that to play Redpower properly on a server, the server owner must op the mod itself, by typing, '/Op [redpower]' and also '/Op [redpower2]'. This is because some redpower machines, such as the Deployer, need permission to interact with the environment.
RedPower2's World Generation:Edit
- Volcanoes, composed of basalt and with lava flowing out of the top
- Ruby, Green Sapphire (origionally known as emeralds), and Sapphire Ores, which give their respective gems, and are primarily used to make tools
- Nikolite Ore, giving Nikolite, used with silver in an alloy furnace for blue alloy ingots, or to make blue doped wafers.
- Tungsten Ore, currently with no use except within minechem.
- Marble, appearing in large clumps in stone, like gravel.
- Indigo Flowers, giving indigo dye.
If you have anything to add, which can be alot, please do.